Saturday 29 September 2012

More books and improving my blog

Hello everyone. Turns out going away and making an effort not to cough through a theatre show and spending all day Saturday on my feet even though I had a bad foot didn't do me all that good. I've been lounging and coughing on a settee all week. But now I am getting better and will make an effort to post more regularly.

I had an hour in the largest bookshop in Europe which has 250 000 tomes in it's many floors (according to my guide book) which is Waterstones Piccadilly. My only slight gripe is the assistant who, while helpful, intially just said upstairs in response to my query concerning the location of the sci-fi section. It turns out it was only one floor up (very useful as I didn't have much time) but as there's 8 floors you can see how it could confuse me.

Never have I seen so many sci-fi and fantasy books in one place. I wish I lived closer. Though this is probably a good thing as I spent £50 in there in half an hour.

I bought:
  1. Doctor Who comic: The Betrothal of Sontar.
  2. Helix  by  Eric Brown
  3. Geist and Spectyr  by  Philippa Ballantine (These two are the same series and came from the imported section)
  4. Shadow's Son  by  Jon Sprunk 
I shall let you know what I think of them as I read them. First though I am ploughing through the third Game of Thrones books, which at the moment is memorable due to typing errors that crop up quite often.

Also, on a non-book note, I got to spend a morning in Camden market! I bought a corset for £5, and a great winter coat.

I've also added a small page about me. The only thing is I am unsure how to change the colour of that bar. It's pink and should not be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment