Friday 25 May 2012

What I'm reading....

As far as predators go, I find Red Kites quite cool.


My university isn't far from a Red Kite feeding station, so last weekend as a revision break I went down to the site with my Mum. They feed the birds in the afternoon to encourage natural hunting in the morning, and there was a cafe (no trip is complete without something sugary and a cup of tea - in this case: cream tea)

Until about 30 years ago this beautiful bird was almost extinct, and it was fascinating to watch as many as 50 of the birds performing acrobatics in order to get some meat.

The book covers a brief history of Red Kites, their plumage, where you can find them, what they eat and some lovely pictures of the book. If you ever want to find out more about them, I'd recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment