Sunday 10 June 2012

Post-event: Red and Black Week

So Red and Black week is over. VictorianKitty, who runs the great blog Sophistique Noir, hosted a wonderful event, and I already have a couple of ideas for next year. Hello to my new followers as well, and thank you for looking in on my posts.

The past week almost makes me want to paint my room black with deep blood red bookcases, but after finding and turfing out three spiders in the last 10 minutes, (one of them was the size of my palm) that is not an option. I seem to have a sixth sense for spotting spiders in obscure corners, but that's not going to happen if they blend in too much.

Edit: Maybe I'm just having a creepy evening. A shadow just passed in front of the light, but there's nothing behind me.

This summer I'm going to, time and circumstances permitting, redecorate my room. As you may be able to see slightly from previous photos, the walls are currently pink courtesy of the previous owner. I moved in to this house 5 years ago, and the year after headed off to uni so it's never been corrected.

All the red and black creativeness has given me some inspiration, even if the colours will be different. I don't mind cold colours, as my posters will cover a significant part of the walls anyway, so I was thinking a blue or purple shade? My only requirement is that I can still spot spiders creeping up on me.

I'd also like to sand down and repaint my bookcases. I'd love to paint them black on the outside and a rich colour to coordinate with the walls on the inside. What do you think? If I do that, I'll definitely write a post about it.

On the downside, my books will have to be packed away. I think I may gradually and subtly clear space on the landing bookshelves in order to keep some aside for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment