Monday 4 June 2012

Red and Black Week

I came across a post for Red and Black week on Stripy Tights and Dark Delights and thought I'd add my own contribution to the week-long event organised and led by Sophistique Noir.
So on a book-themed blog, what better way to pay homage to this lovely combination of colours than a red and black bookshelf. I own over 300 books, but in order not to subject you to an entire shelf of Stephenie Meyer whose covers are among my favourites due to their striking nature (a couple of her books still made it onto the shelf; one of them is the french version of Twilight) I hunted around for a variety.




I've included a photo below  in which most of the books are a little clearer; blame the unusually sunny weather here in Wales for the glare. I may pop down to the beach in a little while.

(The little red book is the Harry Potter book: Fantastic beasts and where to find them, and the slanted book is Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book)

Are any of these books on your shelf?

6 comments:

  1. I have the Pressed Fairy book. It's so cute, in a morbid sort of way. :) Thank you so much for sharing your collection for Red & Black Week! Hope you enjoyed your time at the beach. Did you take a book? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some pretty ugly fairies in there :) I used to read it every time we visited my aunt's house till she gave me my own copy.

      Thank you, I'm really enjoying thinking of posts to take part in the Red and Black week.

      Alas, no; that would have been nice. I didn't have much time down there.

      Delete
  2. I love book-themed posts. Many years ago I worked in a bookstore. I always liked when we were able to organize shelves by color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to work in a bookshop; unfortunately Waterstones is the only chain left specifically for books in the UK.

      My shelves are mainly organised by size so I can cram the maximum amount onto a shelf.

      Delete
  3. Iinkhart sound familiar to me..I might have seen it as a movie though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the film as well :) It's not the best adaption though. Lord of the Rings for me remains the best for going from page to screen.

      Delete