Thursday 7 June 2012

Red and Black Week: Diamonds and spades


My fourth entry for Sophistique Noir's Red and Black Week. I bought a dress last week, though I haven't had chance to wear it yet, and I thought the playing cards would fit well into the theme.

I saw this dress last week, and it was one of those "I have to own that" moments, when something just stays with you. Now I just need to find a time to wear it! I love playing cards and board games in general, so this is the perfect dress for me. I'm also on the lookout for accessories to match. I'd love to have earrings of all four suits to mix and match.


















I have various card games, but these are the three red and black ones in my collection. The black one is a game where you roll two mini pigs and score points depending on how they land. (I don't know the English name as it was bought in Belgium - Jeu de Cochons, or Het Biggenspel in Dutch so I guess "The Pig game").


I'm looking forward to the last day tomorrow, I have a crafty post planned. Looking forward to reading everyone else's entries!

6 comments:

  1. That is too fun! It will be perfect for game night. Or a trip to Vegas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, I will definitely have to wear it for a game night :)

      Delete
  2. Like the first commentator said, that dress is fabulous! Where did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I bought it at a little shop called Pretty Flamingo in Aberystwyth.

      Delete